Friday, October 21, 2011

Visit from Grandpa

Jim came by for a quick visit yesterday.
( I say that like they live around the corner)
Really he was out here for business and stayed a night with us. It was great to have him. Madeline was especially thrilled to see him. He and Brad worked on a few projects around the house and Madeline wanted to be there for every second. He arrived with gifts from Grammy and Madeline immediately fell in love with the music box she got from her trip to Hans Christian Andersen house. I love it too, now we just need to make sure it doesn't get broken. Spencer got a very cute shake Shake onesie that looks adorable - of course.
Debbie also sent a haunted house craft that Madeline but together with Grandpa.






Spencer in his Shake Shake onesie

love that bum
Madeline helping me with dinner.

After a very long day my little helper passed out on the couch, while watching her show.


But she woke up in time to read one of her favorite books to Grandpa.

6 comments:

Brad Hope said...

Mad had a great time w/ Grandpa! Thanks dad!

barbara said...

Always nice to have a visitor and new surprises to make and do. Spencer looks so cute and I love Madeleine asleep on the couch. That's just how I feel today.

Jim Hope said...

So much fun to be there at you home even for a few hours. The kids are adoreable and Maddie is so dang articulate! I have to get back there again. Thanks for having me. I look like I'm dead in the last picture with Maddy.

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

Glad she loved everything! And glad they finally got back there after having them since my trip to Denmark in July......better late than never, I guess. Can't wait for Thanksgiving in NY!!!!

Rae said...

I love that Shake Shack bum!
Looks like a fun night.

Michelle said...

I love the last picture. Maddie looks like she is reprimanding Jim to pay attention. Your kiddo's are so darling.