Monday, October 17, 2011

Mama, can we go play in Costco?

A couple of weeks ago, we were in Costco and Madeline saw this little play kitchen. When I tell you it was love at first sight, I mean it was love at first sight!! She ran right over and started playing with it. She got out all the food and started asking me what I wanted her to make. She sat on the floor a played like we were at home- not in a very busy store with people everywhere. I let her play for a long time and then we had to go. Dragging her away from the kitchen was pretty ugly... but now whether or not we are going to Costco she asks of we can go play with the kitchen (she actually calls it her kitchen)
Now people come over and talk to us while she's playing. (since we are there for so long) And do you know what they ALL say? "Come on mom just get it for her." That is the last thing she needs to hear while playing. After parting with the kitchen she found a life size Minnie Mouse and had to give her a little hug. I think Costco has it out for me...
Of course I took a few pictures.






8 comments:

Rae said...

That last photo is to die for.

Nadia said...

I know - pretty funny.

elise said...

Tell her Uncle Jason has the same problem in Costco. You have to drag him away kicking & screaming from all the fun toys.

Nadia said...

lol Elise. I cant say Brad doesnt have to drag me away sometimes. :)

Michelle said...

My girls would die for that Minnie Mouse. And I have to say that Emmory and Ellie's favorite toy to play with is the kitchen set. Christmas present!

barbara said...

A little Giada in the making. I love it. Costco does have us hooked. You'll need a bigger house sooner than you thought. love the picture with Minnie.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

haha!! And in a few years she'll be saying, "mommy, I'm hungry, let's go to Costco and get some samples." Or maybe that was just us.

Steve and Rebecca said...

When you guys come visit I will have to take Maddie to this indoor play area that has about 4 or 5 kitchens...she would be in heaven!!! I was talking to my dad on the phone earlier tonight and he told me what a great time he had at your place this past week. We miss you guys!! When is your next trip our west???