Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One of those days when no one left the house - even if they wanted to.

After snowing all night and most of the day we got a little snow. About 16in around the house and easily 25in on our back deck. I used Madeline as our measuring stick for part of the day, but the snow continues to fall - even as I write this.
Brad put in some serious time snow blowing our driveway. Madeline and I watched him from our usual spot in the laundry room. Its days like this I'm ok with not having a walkway...
Tomorrow we can make snow angels and build a snowman, but for now I will make some hot chocolate and get ready for Bubbie's (my mom) arrival tomorrow night. I cant wait for her to get here, I love having her stay with us. She makes every thing feel like home.
Thanks mom.









11 comments:

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!! That is AMAZING!!! So glad you have a snow blower! Madeline looks so adorable looking out at her Daddy and by the window in your kitchen. I can't believe how much snow!!!! So glad you are holding off with the baby and so glad your mom will be there soon......gives me such peace of mind knowing that she will be there to help out!! Love and Miss you guys!

Rae said...

That snow is insane.

Nadia said...

I know. I had Mad stand by the glass doors to measure the snow. It was up to her armpits.

Michelle said...

Is that amount of snow normal for Boston? Usually Denver is the city that gets an insane amount and we just haven't been. Oh well.

I was always so paranoid that I would go into labor with Ellie (she was born Jan 26) during a snow storm and we would get caught in traffic and I would deliver her in the car. We live like 45 minutes from the hospital on a sunny, no traffic day, so I chose to be induced.

Anyway..... longest comment ever... enjoy the moments with your momma there. It is amazing how they really do make you feel at home and cozy huh.

Michelle said...

oops... forgot to subscribe!

elise said...

That is INSANE! I can't even believe it.

And Madeline's jammies? Cute.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I just posted about our snow day in Dallas (after five nights we still have snow on our yard--a first for me living here), but you totally put that to shame! Holy Hannah!!

Stay warm and bundled. I've heard New England is just getting dumped on. You could make one heck of a snowman!

Brad Hope said...

Who else could look so good wearing pants covered in weenie dogs?

Steve and Rebecca said...

That is crazy!! We don't miss it!!

Nadia said...

I have to say I LOVE it. I couldn't wait for it to really snow. Its so pretty and fun for the kids ( and us ) to play in. I might be ready for a change in March but for now I love it.

Kate said...

your pictures are great, and your family is beautiful. Can't wait to hear the news about baby boy. Hang in there Nadia... sooner or later. Love you all - Aunt Kate