Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wilford Brimley, Mrs Murrietta, some random in my parents ward all tied up in a 30 min segment in a terminal of the Charlotte airport....


So I finished my installation too early to go the airport, and too late to check up on a few leads I have been trying to work, normally I would:

A) Try and catch an earlier flight [I could but would go through ATL to get to Boston, not sure I understand going south to arrive north].

B) Follow up on a bunch of calls I need to make, but I swear there is not a 5 foot radius at the airport without a blaring speaker

C) Read a book, but didnt think I would have time to do so on this trip, so I didnt bring one

But since none of those were options, I guess I will give in to my wife's gentle persuasion to have some influence on our blog, other than a pretty face in some of the pictures she has posted. Also I am trying to rally the small fan base I have to actually have some reason to look at the blog...

I went to dinner last night and hung out with the old man, which was nice. Some of the computers that were shipped out werent configured correctly, so I worked with the owner of the portable diagnostic equipment last night to configure everything which made for a late dinner at some local joint dad recomended which wasnt bad. We stayed up almost till midnight, then went to bed because he had to get on the road and wanted to meet for a bowl of gruel at 630am. It was kind of like old times eating mush with the old man, except there was a blonde lady serving it rather than my brunette mom, and she had a Euro accent which Deb-o doesnt, although she did take and wash my plate like mom used to do. (I just re-read that last sentence, and it was a total run on, Mrs Murrietta would be so disappointed).

I just ran into a guy in my parents ward out here, and I said hello to him, and quickly regretted it. Not really thinking he recognized me, I was proven right, then I told him, we talked for a few minutes, then starting at each other, I said, "well good seeing you." It was one of those random awkward moments I wish I hadnt initiated. I guess just the suprise of seeing someone from the old stomping grounds pushed me into talking to him.

So now I am out of things to say, but unsure on how to close one of these deals.....
PS You know Brimley has all kind of nasty old oats in that 'stache

3 comments:

Rae said...

Yaaaay, Brad's first official post. And let me just say thank you on behalf of the potential phone callees that were spared. Being one who seems to have nothing but travels calling her, I know how obnoxious it is to hear the PA constantly in the background. Not to mention this is usually while the traveler is speaking to me via their earpiece so I really can't hear them. Totally annoying.
Also, sad that Dad goes to NC enough to be able to recommend a restaurant. You know you travel too much when...
Gruel? Nast.
Good work on your first post brother.

Huck Finn said...

When I am stuck in an airport I like to kill time by going through security over and over again and each time complain about taking my shoes off.

peacekeeper said...

i couldnt help but comment on a post mentioning good ol Mrs Murrietta. well...long time no contact. congrats on the birth of your adorable daughter. hope everything else in your life is going great!talk to you later.

love always...jessica(owens)nelson